Home > Dynamic TV > Filing a Closed Caption Complaint

Filing a Closed Caption Complaint

For captioning problems during non-emergency programming, you may file a written complaint with either the FCC or Palmer Mutual Telephone Company. If you file your complaint with the FCC, the FCC will forward the complaint to Palmer Mutual Telephone Company.

The FCC rules establish specific time limits for filing closed captioning complaints. Your written complaint must be filed within 60 days of the captioning problem. After receiving a complaint, either directly from you or from the FCC, the video programming distributor will have 30 days to respond to the complaint. If you filed your complaint with your video programming distributor and they do not respond within 30 days, or if a dispute remains, you can send your complaint to the FCC.

You can file your written complaint by using the on-line complaint form found at http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm?sid=&id=d1e3. You can also file your complaint with the FCC’s Consumer Center by e-mailing fccinfo@fcc.gov; faxing 1-866-418-0232; or writing to:

Federal Communications Commission
Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau
Consumer Inquiries and Complaints Division
445 12th Street, S.W.
Washington, DC 20554.


You can file your written complaint by emailing Palmer Mutual Telephone Company at palmerone@palmerone.com. You can also call 712-359-2411 or fax 712-359-2200. Palmer Mutual Telephone Company’s mailing address is:

Palmer Mutual Telephone Company
P.O. Box 155
Palmer, Iowa 50571
Attn: Steve Pelz, General Manager

Skip to content